1522 29th Avenue
- 3 nicely sized bedrooms* (plus flexible guest room) and 2 full bathrooms
- Lovingly remodeled and expanded home on 2 levels
- Gracious period details and hardwood floors at upper level
- Sunny living room with high, arched ceiling, fireplace and built-in bookshelves
- Flexible double parlor: use it as a guest room, family room or home office!
- Remodeled sky-lit kitchen with center island and built-in office nook
- Charming dining room with sliding glass doors to the deck and landscaped garden
- Legal family room down with laundry, built-in wet-bar & yard access
- Lower level bedrooms feature built-in shelving and large closets
- One lower level bedroom* has sliding glass doors to the lower patio/yard
- Newer windows and doors throughout most of the home
- Newer furnace and water heater, newer sewer line, bolted foundation
- Generously sized 1 car garage with great storage space + internal access
- Within a few blocks of Judah + Irving St. shopping, restaurants and cafes
- Just one block to the N-Judah MUNI line + easy freeway access
- Walk to Sunset Recreation Center and Playground + Golden Gate Park
Pride of ownership is clear in this remodeled 3+ bedroom*, 2-bath Marina style home with lovely, landscaped garden accessible from both upper and lower levels. Over the years, this exceptional home has been renovated and enlarged with additional living space creating a generously sized floor plan.
A welcoming foyer greets you and leads to the inviting, spacious living room with windows on 2 sides, high, arched ceilings, built-in cabinetry and handsome fireplace. The living room also boasts charming french doors to a large, flexible room that could be used as a guest room, home office, formal dining room or family room. Enjoy cooking a gourmet meal in the remodeled and expanded chef’s kitchen with bright skylight, large, center island, modern appliances and ample cabinet and counter space. The kitchen also features a built-in office nook and flows nicely to the sunny rear dining room with glass doors opening to the deck and yard. This is the perfect place to savor your morning coffee while enjoying the lovely view! A large bedroom with double closets and full bath complete this level.
Down the internal staircase, you will find two additional bedrooms*, another full bathroom with shower, comfortable family room with wet-bar, cabinetry and washer/dryer as well as internal garage access on the lower level. The two lower bedrooms* enjoy built in bookshelves and large closets. Both the rear bedroom* and family room feature direct access to the fabulous, landscaped yard with irrigation system – enjoy entertaining your family and friends both inside and out! The roomy 1-car garage has plenty of storage space. This special home also boasts newer windows, doors and water heater, bolted foundation, refinished hardwood floors, reinforced garage door and new sewer line.
Ideally located within a few blocks of Judah and Irving Street shopping, restaurants, cafes and public transportation as well as multiple parks, the home enjoys the best of Sunset living. Walk just one block to the N-Judah street car for an easy commute to the Embarcadero, the Ferry Building and Union Square! Stroll to great eateries like Marnee Thai, Sunrise Deli and Terra Cotta Warrior. Indulge your sweet tooth at Crepe Temptations. Walk to nearby Sunset Playground, Sunset Rec Center and Golden Gate Park! Enjoy a leisurely bike ride down Kirkham St. to Ocean Beach.
* 3rd bedroom (on lower level) is described on signed off plans as a study. This room has a closet and sliding glass doors to the yard and the sellers used it as a bedroom but the building department may not consider it a legal bedroom. The tax records indicate the house has 2 bedrooms